We live for the weekends, and there is nothing better than wearing pieces that make you feel sexy, but are also comfortable and forgiving.
Brunch on the weekend is a must, but nothing is worse than tugging at your tee because it's getting tighter and tighter with every bite of your entree.
Our idea of a perfect weekend outfit consists of flowy pieces and strappy sandals, booties, or sneakers if you are feeling extra tomboyish.
We love brands like free people, mink pink, indah, and amuse because they all have that bohemian and casual vibe that we crave. A tip when creating your weekend look is to make sure to mix prints and layer jewelry. Palm prints, geo prints, gingham, and stripes are all on trend for Summer 2015.
Here's some inspo to help you curate the perfect look:
We are in love with the carefree gypsy fashion that we saw this year at Coachella. Here are 5 trends that you should be trying to replicate for the summer.
White on White on White:
Beach Waves and Flower Crowns:
Bathing Suit Tops & Oversized Necklaces
See Through Layers
Are you tired of spending your money on the latest "must have" top or bag, and then 5 months later discovering that it went out of style last Tuesday? We urge you to stop shopping at Forever 21, and to stop buying that peplum top from BeBe because you saw it in this month's issue of Lucky magazine. It's important that the 30 something you has a classic wardrobe, and the way to ensure that you have one is to start putting your money into pieces that will carry you through the years.
Don't get us wrong we love a good trend, but when it comes to really going hard on a spree the days of filling a black mesh bag with a 100 shirts and jeans are far behind us, instead we like to invest in well constructed clothing that's made to last. Start building your wardrobe with the following 5 essentials:
A Classic White Tee:
A Hand Bag:
A High Heel Shoe:
Fitted Straight Leg Trousers:
We decided to launch a new segment on our blog called "In With the Old" where we share tips and ideas on how to reuse and revamp old garbs. If your closet is overflowing with clothes, and you claim you have nothing to wear, then consider this segment your savior!
In this weeks edition of "In With the Old" we share a tip on how to take an old hat and make it new again. We are hat enthusiasts, obviously, and our collection grows by double digits every year. Our hats have stories to tell, and have been around the world with us therefore it is always so hard to part with any. Since we do not want to throw these hats away we came up with a way to make them unique and new again.
First we purchased a flower crown. Personally we are obsessed with Flower Gypsies crowns because they are handmade and come in beautiful colors, sizes, and prices range from $30-$45. We placed the flower crown around the base of the hat and tied it around tightly, and VOILA we had a totally new hat!
So if you have a stockpile of hats that are unworn and unloved, try this inexpensive tip to revive your collection.
So you're invited to your first day wedding, and you're probably wondering what in the world do I wear? So while you sift through the racks at Lord & Taylor and work on your new Pinterest board we decided to give you a quick rundown of what NOT to wear to a day affair.
1. Jumpsuits. Day weddings are not a green light for casual attire. Jumpsuits are definitely appropriate for brunches, bridal showers, and shopping trips but they are not okay to wear to a wedding day or night. Just because they were a fall trend and Forever 21 threw up jumpsuits doesn't mean that you should be wearing one.
2. Boots. There is something so wrong about a girl in a nice dress and boots while at a wedding. The worst is when someone pairs a chic dress with clunky boots that have buckles and zippers. Please ladies stay away from falling victim to boots and dresses when at a wedding. It is okay to wear flats to a day wedding but definitely no boots.
3. Pattern Stockings. Don't get us wrong this could be a cute trend for the office or a dinner out, but if you are invited to a day wedding this is just plain tacky. If it is a winter day wedding, and you need to wear stockings then go with nude or black. You are a guest, and there is no need to steal looks away from the bride because if you wear them I guarantee everyone will be looking at you.
4. Red Lips. Eh....you may be saying no we disagree with you, but hear us out. Red lips are extremely fun and there is a time and place for them, but it is definitely not day wedding appropriate. Red lips can come off as trashy and when worn during a daytime affair it just doesn't feel right. If you MUST wear red lipstick then go with a matte red not glossy.
There you have a rundown on what NOT to wear to your next day wedding. We say keep it simple not casual. Choose an outfit that makes you look classy and timeless, and doesn't attract any negative attention. You can't go wrong with a plain or printed shift or sheath dress.
Are you having trouble trying to figure out what to wear to tonight's big party? Well don't worry we've got you covered. There are tons of blogs and articles that highlight what to wear, so we decided to give you a guide on perhaps what NOT to wear. Here are the top 3 looks you should avoid if you want to maintain the cuteness factor!
1. The oversized jersey. We cringe when we think of your tiny frame being engulfed by the dreaded oversized football jersey. If all you have is your dads or brothers jersey then get permission to cut that shit. You can shorten it and tie it up above your hips for a feminine look.
2. The face paint look. Unless you are in the stadium watching the actual game, face paint is a huge NO NO. We urge you to stay away from doing this. If you want to wear anything on your face to support your favorite team, than consider a jewel or sticker next to your eyes otherwise natural make up is the way to go.
3. Ribbons in your hair. If you aren't 5 or an actual cheerleader then NO you can not wear ribbons in your hair. If you want to wear pig tails than please wear them low and we repeat do not put ribbons in your hair. If you want to wear your teams colors or show some support we recommend wearing a headband or turban.
Well it's approaching game time, and we hope that with our advice on what NOT to wear you will receive nothing but high scores from the cuteness gods.