So you're invited to your first day wedding, and you're probably wondering what in the world do I wear? So while you sift through the racks at Lord & Taylor and work on your new Pinterest board we decided to give you a quick rundown of what NOT to wear to a day affair.
1. Jumpsuits. Day weddings are not a green light for casual attire. Jumpsuits are definitely appropriate for brunches, bridal showers, and shopping trips but they are not okay to wear to a wedding day or night. Just because they were a fall trend and Forever 21 threw up jumpsuits doesn't mean that you should be wearing one.
2. Boots. There is something so wrong about a girl in a nice dress and boots while at a wedding. The worst is when someone pairs a chic dress with clunky boots that have buckles and zippers. Please ladies stay away from falling victim to boots and dresses when at a wedding. It is okay to wear flats to a day wedding but definitely no boots.
3. Pattern Stockings. Don't get us wrong this could be a cute trend for the office or a dinner out, but if you are invited to a day wedding this is just plain tacky. If it is a winter day wedding, and you need to wear stockings then go with nude or black. You are a guest, and there is no need to steal looks away from the bride because if you wear them I guarantee everyone will be looking at you.
4. Red Lips. Eh....you may be saying no we disagree with you, but hear us out. Red lips are extremely fun and there is a time and place for them, but it is definitely not day wedding appropriate. Red lips can come off as trashy and when worn during a daytime affair it just doesn't feel right. If you MUST wear red lipstick then go with a matte red not glossy.
There you have a rundown on what NOT to wear to your next day wedding. We say keep it simple not casual. Choose an outfit that makes you look classy and timeless, and doesn't attract any negative attention. You can't go wrong with a plain or printed shift or sheath dress.
Are you having trouble trying to figure out what to wear to tonight's big party? Well don't worry we've got you covered. There are tons of blogs and articles that highlight what to wear, so we decided to give you a guide on perhaps what NOT to wear. Here are the top 3 looks you should avoid if you want to maintain the cuteness factor!
1. The oversized jersey. We cringe when we think of your tiny frame being engulfed by the dreaded oversized football jersey. If all you have is your dads or brothers jersey then get permission to cut that shit. You can shorten it and tie it up above your hips for a feminine look.
2. The face paint look. Unless you are in the stadium watching the actual game, face paint is a huge NO NO. We urge you to stay away from doing this. If you want to wear anything on your face to support your favorite team, than consider a jewel or sticker next to your eyes otherwise natural make up is the way to go.
3. Ribbons in your hair. If you aren't 5 or an actual cheerleader then NO you can not wear ribbons in your hair. If you want to wear pig tails than please wear them low and we repeat do not put ribbons in your hair. If you want to wear your teams colors or show some support we recommend wearing a headband or turban.
Well it's approaching game time, and we hope that with our advice on what NOT to wear you will receive nothing but high scores from the cuteness gods.